Hey! My name is Chaz. I graduated from Goucher College this year, left the ‘bubble’, and have since entered the city that never sleeps. I moved into the city, got a job, and learned the subway system in a matter of weeks. After what seems like an insane rollercoaster ride, I figured I’d share some snippets of what city life has been like. I promise every post will be prompt, painless, and very concise (or more accurately, short).
This one, due to some lost time, will be a bulleted list of what you missed!
- I’ve been on the 15th floor of the New York Times building for several panels about female entrepreneurship and tech startups in New York presented by Women Innovate Mobile.
- I applied for a job using The Levo League, and got a response back criminally fast with an interview. I got the job in no time at all. And love it.
- I’ve started working as an intern for Appguppy Mobile, working mostly as the Social Media Coordinator / Community Manager.
- I also write for their Tumblr.
- I’ve seen Childish Gambino perform at the Prospect Park Bandshell in Brooklyn. And nearly died of happiness.
- I’ve received quality career advice from posters I find around my building.
- I’ve been written up for the Alumni Spotlight and will be featured in a Goucher Quarterly article soon.
- I’ve attended a live event for Gallop NYC, a therapeutic riding program that I am looking into becoming involved with.
- I’ve finished my 3rd successful year as an event coordinator/founder/committee member of Healing Hooves 2012.
- I’ve moved into a NY apartment.
- I’ve gotten to interview countless musicians and influential people for the Appguppy Tumblr.
- I’ve learned that Houston street is said “How-ston” not “Hoo-ston”.
- I’ve met the founder of Gilt.
- I am going to interviewing my musical idol Jane Lui very soon!